September 25, 2010

What I've been up to

Well I haven't been up to updating my blog lately. I apologize, but I have my reasons. I got married! And I am a Mormon so yes I got married in a Mormon temple! I Was sealed to my spouse Shanae for time and "all eternity"! and I am so happy!
There are many things people hear about the mormon temple. many true and many false. i am not about to attempt to answer all questions someone may have. But I would like to let you know why I am so happy.
At many weddings you hear the person say "till death do you part". some people during marriage find it difficult at times and think "well thank goodness I get a break at the end!". This is sad, I love my wife and want to be with her for "time and all eternity". I know there are also many who wish to be with their Loved one for all time. God has made it possible. But as we know it takes a blissful effort from both to last for eternity.
People would need to live up to certain standards to qualify for such a great time. This could be one reason why before going into the LDS temple one needs to meet certain standards. Because the things that go on inside are sacred. sacred in the fact that they involve a lot of preparation. In fact anyone can prepare to enter the temple, Mormon or not. Although one of the preparation steps is to have a testimony that God has restored his church. If you didn't understand that God has restored his church then why would we need the temple?
So why do we need the temple? Because God has made it possible for us to live with our families as families for all eternity! In the temple we learn how to improve our lives and keep our standards high. So that when we are with our family for eternity we will have such a great time. This is another reason you find Mormons going back to the temple often.
Man and woman were meant to be together forever from the beginning of time. In Genesis 2:24 it says therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife; and they shall be one flesh.
This clearly shows how a man and woman are supposed to be so close as to be seen as one. And I Doubt god wishes to break such a bond as that. In fact Because it is God that marries us the scripture in Eccl. 3:14 should apply which states "I know that ,whatsoever God doeth, it shall bee for ever"
I am Glad I get to be with Shanae for all eternity. And these blessings are for everyone! I hope to keep you updated an all that I learn!

No comments: